ADHERENCE TO LAW
Ethics Statement # 21
Professional Members abide by local and state laws that apply to the delivery of ISABS services and use of host facilities. The Dean of each event is responsible for knowing and communicating applicable regulations (e.g. consuming alcohol, financial obligations, use of hotel services etc.)RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INSTITUTIONALISING THE NORMS
- All existing professional members sign off the Ethics Statement to confirm their commitment to the Ethics Framework.
- All new professional members to sign off on the statement as a prerequisite to being admitted as members.
- Wherever possible, efforts should be made to have two professional members as facilitators in a lab.
- Before the start of every event, participants must be informed about the ethics statement and about the ethics committee during the week.
- All PDP participants should be required to dialogue on the ethics framework during Phase A and Phase B and particularly during Internship to understand their location, concerns and dilemmas about the framework itself and to enhance understanding and compliance. The professional members responsible for the design and conduct of the PDP should ensure that the design incorporates time and space for this.
- Copies of the Ethics Framework along with this note (in suitably abridged form) should be made available to participants in all national and regional events.